Dental Implants in Broomfield CO
Implants are an excellent method of replacing missing teeth. Our team at Fleischmann Family Dentistry works with excellent surgeons to place and restore dental implants.
If you have missing teeth and are looking for a more permanent replacement option than dentures or partials, dental implants might be the right choice for you. At Fleischmann Family Dentistry, we work closely with a couple of excellent surgeons. The surgeons will place the implants and then we will do the restoration work around the implants, whether that means crowns to replace a single tooth or bridges and dentures that are supported by implants.
We strongly believe in using high quality restoration materials for our patients, and we only trust our restoration work to the best dental labs. We are also proud to only use restorations made in the United States. If your implant is supporting a crown, you should know that we offer metal-free crowns for a more natural appearance.
Am I a Candidate for Implants?
While dental implants are an excellent and natural-looking way to restore missing teeth, they aren’t right for everybody. One of the primary considerations as to whether you are a good candidate for dental implants is the quantity and quality of the bone below your gums. Since implants are placed directly into the bone, the bone needs to be healthy, and you need to have enough of it to support the implant.
Other factors that are considered when deciding whether implants are the right choice for you include your overall health and your commitment to good dental hygiene habits and regular checkups. Most cases will need to be evaluated on an individual basis. If you smoke or have health conditions like heart disease or diabetes, you may not be a good candidate for implants, but we will discuss your options with you to decide what will work best for your situation.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Several options are available for restoring severely damaged or missing teeth. Why should you choose dental implants over other restoration alternatives?
- Implants are a permanent solution. They cannot fall and break like dentures or partials, and they don’t require special care other than regular brushing and flossing.
- Most implants will last you for the rest of your life. Good oral hygiene habits and regular dental visits will help.
- Dentures and partials may slip and slide, causing you embarrassment. With implants, most people will have no idea that you have had dental restoration done.
- Dentures may slide while you are eating, and certain foods can be troublesome – especially those that are sticky. This problem is eliminated with implants.
- Dental implants only affect the immediate tooth. Bridges require alteration of the surrounding teeth to provide crown-topped anchors to hold the bridge in place.
The Dental Implant Process
We are happy to meet with you for an initial consultation to discuss whether dental implants are right for you. At this appointment, we will perform a thorough dental exam and also take x-rays. We need to get a good idea of your current oral health and the condition of your bone.
The next step will be to visit an oral surgeon, who will fuse the titanium base to your jaw. Once the post is placed, you will need to heal. This process may take six to eight weeks. Once you have healed, you will return to our office. At that time we will take impressions to send to the lab, which will then create your new tooth. When your tooth is ready, we will attach it to the post.
Contact Fleischmann Family Dentistry today to discuss dental implants with Dr. Dave or Dr. Brooke!